Saturday, September 4, 2010

London - a beautiful combination of Old and New

London has got to be one of the most beautiful, unique cities in the world.

I still have not taken photos of the lovely royal garden I am privileged to call my home (Yes, the queen is our landlady!). However, here are a few quick pictures from out and about-ish.


This is a picture of dear Springtown, MO. Although I love London, I really miss Springfield as well. Notice that Drury (Harrison Stadium, the O'Reilly Events Center, and the architecture building) is in the right hand corner!


This is my bed - along with my little window that I love! This was taking during the "unpacking" stage, so more pictures will come!


Me, Cassie & our new friends Nicole and Hillary in front of the Tower of London. They convinced me to go on the Jack the Ripper tour...luckily, I was able to sleep last night... Not my cup o' tea!


Our tour guide was pretty funny... The church, St Botolph-without-Aldgate, behind him was one of the many beautiful sights we got to see on our walk about East London.

The next two pictures were also taken on the tour. The first is a primary school - would you not love to attend elementary school in such a beautiful place? And the second is mainly taken for the cute skyline. We were in an old district known for selling cheap textiles -I just felt like this row of buildings embodied the character of Old London.




Saturday, which is now officially yesterday - was my first day without Orientation events. So, I spent several hours exploring the many shops on Oxford Street and walk around the London Eye and Parliament building. I will post later with pictures of my fun purchases and beautiful monuments in London! But for now, I must say goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Molly...I love these pics. I sure could spend some time wandering around the shops at Oxford Street!! Sounds like you are enjoying your time away so far!!

    ReplyDelete