Thursday, September 23, 2010

And a week later...

I'm sorry for the lack of posting, but I've been pretty busy with traveling and such!

I didn't get back from Ireland until late Sunday night, and I had my first paper due Wednesday! It was a play review for my theatre class, and I really had no idea what I was supposed to write! I've decided that I like theatre for the sake of enjoyment, rather than analysis.

On a different note, I had a chance of jogging to Primrose Hill on Monday evening as the sun was setting. Here are some pictures I snapped with my phone.


At the top of Primrose Hill - quite a crowd had gathered around to watch the sun set over the city.


And headed back to the college...





Yesterday I got to tour St. Paul's Cathedral with my history of London class, and It was amazing.

This is a video I was able to sneak of someone play the massive organ inside St. Paul's. It's a bit disappointing however, because they quit playing right as I got my camera going. I think it was probably karma since I wasn't supposed to be using my camera... It's a great view of the inside of the cathedral though.

A fun fact: Both Haydn and Mendelssohn enjoyed playing the organ in their day. According to our guide, Haydn would "get himself locked" in the cathedral so that he could play for as long as he wished.

Here I am at the main entrance of St. Paul's...


And in the Golden Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment