Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Start (and Middle) of December

So much has happened since my last post! My goal is to do a post each day until I go home; we'll see how it works out.

But for now, here's another "make-up" post, crammed full of all the things I've been up to.


I got the sweetest package of letters from the class I was an Orientation Leader for this Fall at Drury. It will be fun to get back and see how everything has gone in their first semester at "uni."


Visiting Amy, I got to see a very snowy England! This is in Durham, a town about 20 miles away from where Amy and Michael live. The snow was unbelievable!


I don't think this picture would fly on facebook, but it really is hilarious. Michael was picking on Amy, and I just happened to take the picture at the perfect moment - Amy's expression is priceless, and Michael looks quite innocent...


This was at breakfast on Saturday. It really was lovely getting to be in their home - even if the snow wasn't in our favor, we had a great time!


This was at the Westminster Tube Stop after the N London Special Meeting. A group of people met up after meeting at Heather and Becky's house in S London. Taking the Tube, this group actually ended up beating everyone who drove cars - I think Transport for London would have been very proud.


Cassie turned 21 - and the barista at Starbucks gave her a free drink, even though they don't normally acknowledge the same promotions that are offered in the US. It was a fun birthday present.


I received a "travel journal" in the mail from one of my sister's co-workers. The point is to mail it to people you know in different places, and then see where all it has gone after a year. I filled out my page with a picture, sent a postcard back to the 3rd grader who started it, and then sent it on to one of my friends who lives just outside Dublin, Ireland. I thought it was a very clever, interesting 3rd grade project.


This is just documentation that I did study for finals! This particular moment captures the core ideology and principle philosophers in conservatism.


The Weihnachtsmärkt (Christmas Markets) in Germany were a lot of fun to explore, but there wasn't much that could compare to the view from the Dom in Köln. The view after a 100 m climb was spectacular.


The lights were beautiful - especially the ones hanging in the trees! It would be hard to find more festivity than the German Markets.


This is a picture at my last London Sunday morning meeting. I'm not a fan of goodbyes - so hopefully I can come back and visit again before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment