Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lights!

This is a post I've been wanting to do since I discovered IKEA - the fabulously cheap, Swedish decor megastore. Unfortunately the closest store to Springfield is 380 miles away...

IKEA has some pretty cool furniture (& everything else too!), but I want to focus on lights - & specifically chandeliers. Chandeliers can make any space seem elegant.

I have a weird fascination with chandeliers in bathrooms because the concept seems so atypical. However, they can create a feeling of: Simplicity, yet sophistication. Or comfortable and earthy (I'm a fan of the flower box in the window!) Or perhaps, if you lose the frill of crystal, chandeliers can help you escape on a wilderness retreat.

While I was in Stockholm - I walked by several boats docked along the waterfront. Many of them looked like old fishing boats that had been converted to private houseboats.

How cute would this be as a kitchen table-chair set - & then offset it with a simple, rustic chandelier?

No comments:

Post a Comment