Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Telephone Kiosks Galore

I seem to be reminded of my trip everywhere I go…I’ve seen a surprising amount of red telephone booths since I got to Tulsa last night. “Booth” is a little too American though – according the Museum of London, they are Red Telephone Kiosks. Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, the iconic red kiosks were first seen in London during the 1920s.

Here are some that I’ve come across:


An old kiosk on Peoria Avenue.


My aunt modeling one of several "booths" in Utica Square.

3 comments:

  1. Did you see the picture that Blogger has as one of the options for backgrounds?? There's one of a bunch of those "kiosks!" I definitely thought of you when I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Kylee! They're so neat looking...

    Alaina - I had so much fun looking through all of the backgrounds, but I finally decided I liked the white best. Did you see the one with the 3 old-timey suitcases? I think that one was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete